Motor Vehicle Fatalities Data
- There were 107 total fatalities in 2017 and 2018 across 97 fatal crashes reported in relation to the Uber app.
Fatal Physical Assault Data
- Among the 19 deceased parties in 2017 and 2018 included in this report, 8 were riders using the Uber platform, 7 were drivers using the Uber platform, and 4 were third parties.
Sexual Assault Data
- Uber reveals nearly 6,000 incidents of sexual assaults in new safety report By Morgan Winsor December 6, 2019 The 84-page report comes as Uber faces scrutiny over concerns about safety. https://abcnews.go.com/Business/uber-reveals-6000-incidents-sexual-assaults-safety-report/story?id=67538499
- Non-Consensual Kissing of a Non-Sexual Body Part was reported to occur in about 1 in every 2,000,000 completed trips.
- Attempted Non-Consensual Sexual Penetration was reported to occur in about 1 in 4,000,000 completed trips.
- Across these 5 categories of sexual assault, riders account for nearly half (45%) of accused parties.
- Among the sexual assault incidents, the company counted 464 reports of rape in 2017 and 2018. About 92% of the victims were riders and roughly 7% were drivers. Women and female-identifying individuals comprised 89% of the victims, while men and male-identifying individuals made up about 8%.